An opportunity has come up for and experienced Yardman/Forklift Operator to join a busy Frame and Truss plant in East Tamaki
The Yardperson will be responsible for
- Loading and unloading frames and trusses from the production line and in to front loading trucks
- Operating Forklifts up to 7 and 8 tonne
- Manual loading and physical elements a must
- Loading pallets by hand and other general yardman duties
What AWF can offer:
- East Tamaki location
- $22.00 pay rate
- Work for an iconic brand in the Frame and Truss industry
This is a fast paced role and we're looking for people with high work ethics who aren't afraid to get stuck in and deliver for our Client, if you lack energy these roles are probably not for you.
Prior experience with timber would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful Candidate will work the following hours 0600 - 1830 Monday to Friday (Saturday's optional)
AWF is part of New Zealands largest recruitment and resourcing group. We have thousands of people working for us every day throughout New Zealand.
We are dedicated to the health, safety and well being of all of our field employees and we help to keep you safe on site through regularly meeting with you and discussing health and safety matters, providing you all the PPE you need to go to work and be safe and by working with you to find the roles that suit your skills and experience.
Our clients are industry leaders and they care about our people as much as we do, at AWF we're proud to say we keep NZ working and we're passionate about finding great people to help us do this.
Your prior experience on a forklift will help you immensely in being successful in this role, as will your solid communication skills.
You will need to be physically fit and able to lift up to 15kgs and have some basic abilities with technology.
You will be able to work well as part of a team and also be reliable enough to work individually.
In addition to the above you'll have the following:
- A full Class 1 New Zealand drivers licence and F endorsement (Class 2 preferable)
- A current forklift OSH certificate
- The right to work in New Zealand
- A current CV with contactable references
- The ability to pass pre-employment checks including; criminal history, drugs, alcohol and ACC history
If you fit the above then click APPLY now or alternatively all Issac on 0800922955 to hear what AWF has on offer