AWF's Privacy Statement
Privacy and confidentiality are key pillars of AWF Limited’s business, and we approach everything we do from a ‘candidate first’ perspective; this includes information and your privacy. We are committed to ensuring that any personal information we obtain is held and used in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, and the Privacy Act 2020 when it comes into force on 1 December 2020.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
When you apply to us for work through our website, email, or a third party job board, we will ask you to provide certain personal information to help with our recruitment and employment processes.
Your personal information will be held by AWF Limited on our CRM server based in Australia. We also use external platforms to store your personal information and provide you with our services. See the sections below on how we use your personal information and how we disclose your personal information for further details.
The personal information we need to collect from and about you includes:
- your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, address;
- bank details, payment information, IRD number;
- driver licence, passport;
- emergency contact information; medical information that may be relevant to work;
- education, qualifications, work history;
- information disclosed in an application, cover letter, curriculum vitae or interview;
- email communications and your written and verbal interactions with us; and/or
- any other personal information you provide us.
We will also conduct pre-employment checks which means we will obtain information about you from third parties. These checks may include:
- reference checks;
- credit check (if the position involves significant financial risk and our clients(s) require it;
- drug and alcohol screening and/or testing;
- criminal conviction report;
- psychometric testing;
- anti-money laundering checks; and/or
- whether you have a right to work in New Zealand if you are not a New Zealand citizen.
We will only collect information where we need to provide our service to you. If we ask you for anything that is not necessary but may be helpful, we will indicate that it is optional for you to provide it. You are not compelled to provide us with any information, but if you don’t, it may affect our ability to engage with you and assist you into employment.
How we use your personal information?
- assess your suitability for an assignment or role with us and any ongoing employment;
- to verify your identity and other relevant application information;
- provide you with our services;
- provide you with information about job vacancies;
- communicate with you (for example to provide support, or correspond with you about your application and role with us);
- facilitate your use of our website;
- to provide our clients with reporting specific to the services we deliver to them;
- facilitate your participation in any promotion or competition that you have entered;
- improve our products and services and conduct market and business analysis;
- keep you informed about our services and tell you about our promotions (except if you have told us that you do not want to receive emails from us that promote our products and services);
- subject to your consent, provide you with news and events we believe may be of interest to you; and/or
- comply with any legal obligations.
If we need to use your personal information for any reason that is not listed above, we will explain to you at that time why we need to use it in that way, and ask for your permission to do so.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our clients if we are putting you forward for a job.
- our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to the website or any service that we have agreed to provide you;
- third parties to conduct pre-employment checks. The third parties may include a nominated credit check organisation, the Ministry of Justice, a drug and alcohol testing organisation, a nominated psychometric testing organisation, and/or Immigration New Zealand VisaView;
- government departments or agencies whose mandates allow them to require us to provide it; and/or
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
If we need to disclose your personal information for any reason not listed above, we will explain why we need it and ask for your permission first.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You agree that any information you give to AWF Limited will be accurate, correct and up to date.
You need to inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are correct and up to date.
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about you, and to request that we amend that information if it is incorrect. There are some exceptions to this set out in the Privacy Act. For example, if somebody provides us a reference in confidence, we are not able to disclose that to you even though it contains your personal information.
If you think we have done something wrong, please contact our Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com
You may also make a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. For more information please visit the website for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner – privacy.org.nz
Security of information
The security of all personal information provided to us is important and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
However, we are unable to make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached.
Links to other sites
We may send you information about us from time to time if you have given us your consent to do so (where required).
You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us at any time by withdrawing your consent. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please tell us when we collect your information, or visit https://www.awf.co.nz/users/login to manage your alerts, or use the unsubscribe function in the email you receive. Please allow us enough time to process your request. It may take up to five working days.
Keep in mind, any withdrawal of consent does not apply to any necessary communications that we may need to get in touch with you about, such as responding to an inquiry or sending you essential employment information such as confirmations of assignment, payslips etc. Also, if you later request information from us and agree to receive communications, you will need to make a new request to opt out, for example, if you sign up to receive news alerts from us.