AWF are looking for experienced Welder Fabricators who have a minimum of three years' experience for nine positions across Waikato.
You should have proven experience with MiG, TiG and ARC welding methodology as you will be working on building defence equipment for overseas market.
You'll also need a good command of English both written and verbal to communicate with sub-contractors, clients and internal trade's people effectively.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum three years' experience ideally within a production environment
- Ability to study blueprints, drawings and specifications to meet and determine job requirements
- Ability to shape and bend metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools
- Use hand and power tools including flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines to cut marked out metal sections and shapes
- Ability to examine welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- Complete the finishing stages of products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting, and riveting
What's in it for you?
- Permanent position
- Hourly rate between $30-$35ph based on experience
- Monday to Friday work with minimum 30 hours guaranteed
- Weekly pay, including 8% annual leave accrual, Kiwi Saver contributions and ACC cover
- Waikato location
- Excellent industry exposure and experience
- PPE gear provided, replenished when required
- Working with a dedicated team to ensure your health and safety is our number one priority
For health and safety reasons we require all suitable applicants to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and should pass AWF's criminal background checks.
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.