Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. We've been in business since 1988 and our 30 branches help a huge variety of local and national businesses with the skills they need to operate successfully.
We currently have a temporary opportunity for an experienced Trade Assistant to work in a dynamic workshop environment in Palmerston North.
Hours of work are 07:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday.
To be successful in securing this ongoing work, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Versatile skills including Welding, Spray-painting, Fabrication and Assembly of agricultural machinery or similar
- Proven engineering aptitude or worked as a trade assistant previously
- Your adaptability to change tasks as required based on workload
- Good attention to detail and measuring skills and job reporting
- You have a Forklift Licence and experience operating
- Having your Heavy Transport Licences would also be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to read and follow plans effectively
- You can follow instructions and work unsupervised when required
In return you will receive
- A competitive hourly rate for the work you provide
- Continuity of work on a daily basis
- Comprehensive Health & Safety Induction
- Satisfaction that you are part of a high performing team
If this sounds like you, can start immediately, pass a drug screen, have a clean criminal history and be able to provide two work references, apply now!