About the role:
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the focus of this role will be day-to-day driving tasks and managing the planning and performance of the transport fleet. You will be responsible for the coordination of drivers and distribution of workload, as well as ensuring all drivers comply with in-house and legal requirements, providing cover when and where required, and working closely with the Operations Supervisor in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving and leading by example
- Working with Drivers & Dispatch to ensure that all routes are planned, executed & completed correctly
- Modelling our Safety-First Culture and our HSEQ continuous improvement programs
- You need to have a valid NZ class 4 licence
- High-quality standards and strong time management skills
- You will be a safety and a productivity-focused individual who is able to lead, influence and engage others to foster a positive continuous improvement culture
- Working with a variety of people both internally and externally, you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to build solid, long-term relationships
- You must be able to pass a drug and alcohol pre-employment screen and have a clear Ministry of Justice record
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your adaptability and leadership skills will be well utilised, then this is the role for you.
We can offer you:
- Ongoing training and development
- A feeling of pride in delivering an essential service to our community and working for an organisation that is innovative and value focused
- Latest technologies on board trucks
- Opportunities to grow and expand your career
Sound like you? here's how to apply:
- Apply below by clicking the link and attaching your CV
- Give the AWF office a call on 03 547 5467 for a confidential discussion
- Apply in person by coming into our AWF office at 19 Halifax Street
If you have the skills to be successful in this role then don't delay apply today because we want to speak with you.