During these unprecedented times around COVID-19 there is a lot of uncertainty in the workforce. Once New Zealand Alert Level 4, shutdown has come to an end some of our clients have indicated that they will need to pick up where they have left off, and others have said they are going to come in hitting the ground running to catch up on lost time. However as we have never experienced a situation like this we cannot predict the future. We are currently taking expressions of interest for the expected demand for a hands on workforce to begin working once we it has been declared safe to do so. With this in mind please take a moment to read through this job description and express your interest if desired.
Your new company:
They have a high adherence to H+S and put the wellbeing of their staff first. They have roughly 50 employees in the company and maintain a family based culture where the owner gets out on site and on the tools as well. They specialize in sub division, drainage and roading works.
About the role:
- You will be completing a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Curb and Channel
- Use of plate compactor
If you have a class 4 licence or WTR endorsements you will be involved in operating trucks and plant which will increase your payrate
What you need:
- You will need a full class 1 Drivers Licence
- Your own vehicleto get to work
- Be able to pass a drug screen
- Have minimum of 3 months experience working in a Asphalting or Chip Sealing team
- Be able to pass a criminal record check
- Class 2 licence and WTR endorsement are not essential but are beneficial
What you get in return:
- Weekly pay
- As our employee (not a contractor) you are entitled to holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover and we will pay your tax
- You'll also be working with great people who respect the skills you bring to the job and who'll help you progress your career.
- Your new company want to put time into you and train you up as a competent civil worker and Asphalt Specialist. You will be working on a full time basis in a company that offers genuine career growth.
What you need to do now:
Click apply or send your CV to Wellington@awf.co.nz