Grow your experience and put your skills to use somewhere new. AWF will guide you through your career transition with expertise and care.
We are recruiting for lashers/wharf-hands. Get your foot in the door and make a pathway to long term career opportunities. This role at the port is a 24/7 operation with shifts commencing day and/or night. The shifts fluctuate depending on when and how many vessels are arriving into port. For example, over a two-week period, patterns show that there have been approximately three shifts per week. Shifts can be 8 to 12 hours long.
This job will suit you if:
- You can commit to shift work
- Be available in the weekend, if required
- Commit to long-term availability
- Are physically fit
- Able to accept shifts with 24-hour notice
- You thrive working in an outdoor environment
How we can help you:
- Earn while you learn - extensive training provided
- Weekly pay
- Above average pay rate
- Onsite carparking
- All PPE provided at no cost to you
- Pathway to career opportunities
What we need from you:
- Full, clean, class one licence - not negotiable
- Clean criminal history
- Commitment and reliability
- Reasonable amount of upper body strength
- Great awareness of health and safety
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol screen
If this role sounds like you, hit APPLY NOW! If you have any questions, call Nic on 04 474 2366. Please note that as a wharf-hand you will be a border worker, so you are required to be vaccinated (minimum of two vaccinations) for Covid 19. To be considered for this role you will need to pass a drug screen and have a clean criminal history.