Do you have experience in livestock farming?
Are you fit, able-bodied, reliable, and not afraid to get your hands dirty?
Are you located in Waikouaiti or area of Dunedin?
If you said yes to all the above, then we want to hear from you!
We're looking for resilient Farm Hand workers to join our client's poultry farming team, managing chickens across several farm locations, throughout Waikouaiti.
You must be comfortable with early starts, handling livestock, working outdoors, and carrying out physical labour.
Free transport is provided to-and-from Dunedin, departing 5:30 - 6:00am.
Shift times vary between 6:00am - 3:00pm, with shifts available Monday - Friday (occasionally on Saturday).
This opportunity is an immediate start with full on-the-job training and personal protective equipment provided.
To apply for this role, you must be legally entitled to work and currently reside in New Zealand.
Your duties will include:
- Transfer: Handling chickens and moving them from one area of the farm to another, including in and out of trollies
- Depletion/Cull: Loading chickens into a trolley to be culled, and then removing the carcasses from the trolley and loading them onto a conveyor belt
- Clean: General cleaning of chicken housing and farm sites
- Shower-in prior to starting your shift
What's in it for you:
- Free transport from Dunedin to workplace available
- Immediate start with an opportunity for ongoing employment
- Part-time or full-time work hours (work shifts around your study timetable)
- Hands-on work within a team environment
What we're looking for:
- Able to perform hands-on, physical labouring tasks
- Motivated, reliable, and strong verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working in agriculture or with livestock (animals)
- Available for 2-5 shifts per week
If you like sound of this opportunity and you fit the above criteria, then apply today!
Call Kylie or Helen at Select Recruitment, Dunedin on (03) 477 0873, or by clicking the "APPLY" button, and completing the entry fields.
Please Note: in order to be successful, you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and reside in NZ. As per our standard recruitment process, all applicants will undergo a Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening test, Employment Reference Checks along with a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check.