As the Mechanic, you will be working on some great gear. Working in the modern workshop you will be kept busy servicing earth moving and construction equipment and developing the Mechanical Inspector.
What's on offer?
- Competitive remuneration
- Variety in your work
- NZ owned company and great job security
- Modern workshop with specialist tools
- Take pride in your fleet of hire equipment
This established, family owned and run business invests in staff development - paying for training courses to ensure your skills are current.
Anyone wanting to hire quality equipment know we're the go-to for the best maintained gear. With possibly the most up-to-date fleet of earth moving and construction equipment many lines are exclusive, and some have been adapted by manufacturers to be 'rental tough' to meet their high standards.
What will you be doing?
- Maintenance and service work on earth moving and construction equipment
- Report and document service history
- Support the Mechanical Inspector with safety and mechanical checks on returned equipment
- Develop the Mechanical Inspector and signing off his work
You will be part of a committed team whose goal is to provide excellent service when providing equipment to loyal customers in the Canterbury region. So, you will customer centric with strong interpersonal skills. You will be working 47.5 hours, Monday to Friday.
Sound great so far? - here's what we need:
- Diesel Mechanic qualification (or a ticket for earthmoving and construction equipment)
- 5 years' experience working with construction equipment is essential
- Approved to sign off an apprentice's work
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Strong diagnostics skills & ability to read operation manuals
Ideally you will have done similar work - this equipment specialised and it is dirty and muddy. It has been used on construction sites. Not just road dust like trucks or cars.
For this job you must already living in and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand - NZ Citizenship or NZ Permanent Residency.
Apply online TODAY! Or call Bridget if you have questions - 021 949 174.