About the company:
Your company specialise in residential and heavy commercial construction, they are currently working on a project building 2 sets of building apartment blocks. They predominantly project manage their sites however have a few key players in their team who assist in pushing the project forward on the ground. They have been in business for over two decades and have strong financial backing. H+S is key to the way they operate, and they have specific protocols in place to deal with the effects of COVID-19. If you have the right attitude and skills, they will be looking for you to start immediately.
Your new role:
You will be based on site in Porirua in a 70/30, hands on/office-based capacity. You will be completing short term project planning of 1 - 2 weeks in advance, while your manager that you report into will be involved in the long-term planning. There will be some use of Aconex systems, however if you do not have experience with this, they are ready to train you.
A big part of your role will be Quality Assurance inspections, including but not limited to; pre line, frame/truss; waterproofing; fireproofing. There are 2 blocks on this site, and you will be kept busy.
You will also be involved with managing the Sub-contractors.
- Along with having experience in the above tasks you will need -
- Experience as a commercial Foreman
- Knowledge of the building code and E2AS1
- Fully competent in reading construction plans
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- LBP is not required but is beneficial
- A Site Safe ticket is also required, but if yours is expired, we can book you on the next course!
You will also have your own license and transport, a clear criminal record, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Join us! Be part of a company that looks after their people. We will look out for you and keep you safe while you're on the job.
Please note, you must be based in Wellington to be considered for this role.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please call Evan right away on 04 473 9915, or click apply NOW.