If you enjoy operating machinery, driving trucks and serving customers we have an opportunity for you!
As a general yard hand you will help with a variety of duties. No previous experience in a scrap yard is necessary, if you have the right skills training will be provided.
- Separating metals from non-metals and identity different grades for their value
- Processing metals using balers or shears
- Collect scrap metal using a class 2 or 4 truck.
- Liaise with customers.
This role is full time ongoing and will suit someone looking to begin or advance their career in a scrap metal yard.
Qualifications and skills:
- Class 2 or Class 4 license is desired
- Forklift endorsement is desired
- Osh Certificate is desired
- Good communication skills
- Confident working independently and in a team
- Health and safety conscious
- Committed to working Full time ongoing
Why work with us?
- Career advancement and progression
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- Competitive hourly rate and weekly pay
- Friendly team and diverse culture
- PPE gear provided
If you are interested in this position, click apply and attach your CV, alternative give us a call on 068700310 and we can discuss the role in more detail.
AWF- Keep NZ Working.