Working Foreman - Commercial Construction
About the company
Our client is a growing medium-sized, professional commercial construction company. They have a professional yet close-knit company culture. Their projects lie mainly in the healthcare and education sectors in the Wellington region.
Your new role
This is a "hands on" role, so when you're not planning work or giving instructions to your team you'll be expected to be on the tools. You'll have the assistance of a Contracts Manager so you don't need to be a computer whizz, in fact an "old school" Foreman would be a better fit for this company.
* To manage the on site construction of our clients' commercial buildings by coordinating staff and sub contractors; and working in cooperation with the Contracts Manager.
* Lead a crew of carpenters and hammer hands, as well as potential subcontractors
* Perform a variety of construction activities such as site establishments, putting up hording, building chambers and foot path reinstatement
* Ensure all required paperwork is submitted on time
* Carry out construction activities efficiently and safely in order to meet or exceed requirements.
* Inspect completed work to ensure consistently high level of product finish
* Ensure customer satisfaction through a high standard of conduct and craftsmanship of yourself and fellow employees
* Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
* Ensure all work is installed in compliance with all Health and Safety (H & S) regulations and company H &S requirements
* Keeping the Contracts Manager informed of construction status/challenges/variations
This role is ideally sited to an experienced foreman with good communication skills
* 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
* Full NZ class 1 drivers license
* Experience working on commercial projects
* Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
* Good communication skills and 'can do' attitude
* Safety aware
* Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
* Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
You will also have your own license and transport, a clear criminal record, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. A Site Safe ticket is also required, but if yours is expired, we can book you on the next course!
Join us! Be part of a company that looks after their people. We'll look out for you, keep you safe while you're on the job, and help you step up the career ladder!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or valid NZ work visa and provide an up to date CV. Please note, you must be based in Wellington to be considered for this role.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please call us straight away on 04 473 99 15, or apply using the button to your right.
AWF, Keeping NZ working!