Onsite JUNIOR Maintenance Fitter
We work with some of New Zealand's leading companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF.
About the Job
Our client is a stainless fabrication and engineering company based in Hamilton. They are searching for a Junior Maintenance Fitter to join their growing business. They pride themselves on producing high quality products and services to their clients.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be required to participate and assist in repairs and maintenance activities, installation of new plant and equipment, as well as preventative maintenance tasks and check lists. Duties will also consist of:
- Grinding and shaping metal and other materials.
- Interpreting diagrams, drawings, specifications, and plans
- Operating specialised tools and machinery.
- Assembling fabricated parts to produce tools and machines.
- Proven maintenance skills and knowledge
- Good fabrication skills and able to TIG weld
- Problem solving skills and able to diagnose breakdowns
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understanding and some experience with pumps, valves, filling equipment and general factory maintenance
- Able to follow instructions but also to work unsupervised when required
- Punctual, reliable, and motivated with good work ethics
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Willing to work on site if required
What we offer
- PPE Provided
- Possibilities for ongoing work for the right candidate
- Fair pay rates and your wages paid weekly
- As our employee (not contractor) you will get holiday pay, sick pay, ACC you're entitled to, and we'll pay your tax.
Please apply online with your current CV or come in and see us at Unit 3/27 Norton Road, Frankton, Hamilton. Or alternatively you can call us on 07 848 1811/0800 88 88 60.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa