We at AWF Nelson have a local, well known client in utilities and council asset management, looking for staff to assist in their water meter replacement operations.
This role is geared towards persons who have some basic knowledge of repairs, Ipads and record keeping but above all is reliable, friendly, consistantly looking to improve and upskill
This role, for the right persons will be long term with the client looking for a temp to per placement, they will also offer the ability to upskill and increase utilities and construction knowledge.
About the roles
- Water Meter replacement
- Residental and commerical letter drops
- Monday to Friday role 0730-1600
- Some knowledge of basic hand tools
- Can use basic IT (Ipad) system for data input and scanning
- Remove basic components (ie washers and O rings)
- Has a excellent customer service skills as this role will require interacting with members of the public
What our employers are looking for:
- Physically fit and injury free team members
- Previous work in the sector would be ideal, but a keen attitude, reliable, good communicator and physically able to do light to medium manual handling
- People that can use basic hand tools such as pliers and screwdrivers
- Accuratley record data
- As the work is an immediate start, you will need to already be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Please note that our commitment to our crew's safety on the job means that everyone undergoes a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen, Ministry of Justice, ACC and reference checking.
Our clients also require that persons must be able to produce a Covid my Vaccine pass
- You will be an early riser
- Available for Monday to Friday with flexability to assist with weekend events and equipment drop off's/ collection
- Can work well in a team/crew environment.
- Has a passion and desire to upskill and learn from industry professionals
- Always has a smile and positive outlook on life.
- Ongoing long term role/ temp to perm for the right person
As the local staffing agency, employers call in jobs to AWF every day. Their needs range from general laboring to semi-skilled work and skilled trades. We work with some of New Zealand's leading National companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily.
"In a recent survey of field employees who were leaving AWF for their next opportunity, we received the following feedback from an employee who had moved into a permanent role with our client - "through the help of AWF, I was able to go permanent full time through something that I have always wanted to do, and I wouldn't have been able to do that without them."
Best part of working with AWF:
- Competitive and fair pay rates
- You will get holiday pay 8%, ACC cover, Kiwi saver
- Wages paid weekly.
- A foot in the door with some of NZ largest companies
- Treated as a person and a valued member of the AWF family.
What to do next
We would love to hear from you and to get to know you better.
For more information about this or other roles we have, here are 3 easy ways you can get in touch:
1 You can phone the branch on 035475467 or 0800 88 88 60 Press 3 then 1 2 If you would like to email the branch directly send your email to email@example.com attention "Water Service tec ". (Attach a CV if you have one) 3 Pop into our branch at 101 Bolt Road, Annesbrooke for a friendly chat.