Location - Ashburton
Is it time for a change of career, or a career enhancement?
An opportunity to join a leading FMCG manufacturer
AWF is delighted to be working with our client in their search for a Trainee Boiler Operator for their fast paced FMCG manufacturing operation in Ashburton. The onsite boiler provides heated water and steam across the entire site to facilitate the hygienic processing and cooking of foods. The role of a Boiler Operator is pivotal to the site, and is responsible for ensuring efficiency of the boiler, its operation, and its ongoing maintenance on a 24/7 site.
On offer for you
- The ability to learn in hands on capacity
- You can be supported through ongoing study (Eng Chem Operators Cert level 3)
- A good starting hourly rate, with increases as you develop
- Long term stability in your career
- You will develop skills that are well sought after.
The role will work 12 hour shifts, Monday to Friday to start, and you will work alongside a skilled and experienced Boiler Operator. As you develop your skills you will work on their shift roster that includes days and nights.
To be the fit for this role
- Bring a well-established work history, probably in an industrial setting
- The ability to work in a safety critical part of the plant and to follow procedures
- An ability to learn in a hands on and an academic capacity
- Good computer literacy
- A good level of mechanical aptitude and common sense.
- Great team building and communication skills
If you have got what it takes, and can impress this employer with your work ethic, reliability and potential then we want to hear from you.
Relocation assistance may be offered for the prefect candidate.
Please note - only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered for this role.