AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF
We are seeking a Trade Assistant for temporary projects in the Manawatu, starting immediately based in Palmerston North. You will be utilising your trade skills and experience within the construction sector (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning field). .
This role will include using hand and power tools, reading technical diagrams, cutting, shaping and bending materials, and mechanically assembling separate components to complete the final product.
What's in it for you?
- A variety of working environments and locations on offer
- Weekly wages with 8% holiday pay accrual, Kiwi Saver entitlements and ACC cover
- Immediate start with full time hours Monday - Friday
- Strong Health & Safety management as a member of our team
- Ability to upskill through recognised industry training
You will need to have experience in the following to be considered:
- Be competent using hand and power tools in a safe and confident manner
- Holding current certifications such as Working at Heights, EWP or Site Safe would be an advantage but is not essential
- You must be able to follow instructions and to work in a team environment
- Be able to lift products up to but not exceeding 25kg
- Be health and safety conscious
- Be able to pass a Drug & Alcohol Screen and have a clear criminal record
- Have reliable transport and a restricted car licence
If you are interested in the role don't hesitate to apply now!