AWF Invercargill have a great opportunity for an experienced timber machinist to join our local client who operates a local sawmill.
Catering for the local market our client is dedicated to delivering great timber products throughout New Zealand. They deliver an end to end service including full forestry services, milling and production of high quality end products. As part of the mill your role will ensure that best quality timber is expertly finished and fit for the customers needs.
The role will mostly revolve around operating the planer and also the four sider, but may also including other mill duties including; making up packs of timber and general housekeeping. So if you're not keen on hard work then this role is probably not for you.
What's in it for you?
This role offers a great opportunity to work within an small but awesome team of people who're passionate about what they do.
- You'll be paid fairly inline with the level of experience you bring to the role, we expect this to be between $23-28 per hour but if you've got the skills, qualifications and experience to command more then we're negotiable.
- All of the PPE gear is provided, the work is full time during the day and it's Monday - Friday
- This is an additional temporary role for the mill and there is potential for it to become permanent
What do you need to be successful?
To be successful in this role you will need to be skilled with, and have prior professional experience operating timber machinery. You will also need to be physically fit and capable of lifting up to 20kg's.
You will be a great team player and be available for full time work.
In addition to the above you will have the following:
- Full class 1 license (F and T endorsements ideal)
- The right to work in NZ and relevant documentation to prove it
- A current CV with contactable references
- The ability to pass pre-employment checks including, Drugs and Alcohol, Criminal history and ACC history
If you're keen on this role and meet the above criteria then click apply now below because we're keen to talk to. You can also apply by calling Dylan or Hailey at AWF Invercargill on 03 214 0388 (0800 88 88 60), sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or coming into our Invercargill office at 19 Yarrow Street. Regardless of how you do it get in touch today because we're keen to hear from you.
Due to current boarder restrictions this role is only available for applicants currently residing within New Zealand, no international applicants will be considered for this role.