Waikouaiti Based, daily return transport available
$25.68 per hour, 40 hours per week, OT after 8 hours
This is a leadership/supervisory role where you can make a significant difference.
Our client is a successful food manufacturer based in Waikouaiti, East Otago. As a nationwide operation, they are a significant employer within the region. They can offer long term stable employment, and for the right person there are definite opportunities for future career development.
This is a hands on supervisory role whose primary purpose is to ensure the smooth daily running of a processing and packing operation - in other words making sure your people (up to 26 per shift) are in the right place at the right time, have the right training, the right level of motivation and the right products are available so they can do their job. You will also be responsible for running start up meetings, processing payroll information, contributing to staff rostering, managing performance, and generally assisting the Production Manager.
- Day shift hours - 6.30am -3pm, plus OT if required.
- Hourly rate - $25.68, OT paid at time and a half after 8 hours
- Transport is provided from Dunedin if required.
- It is a 7 day per week operation - your days of work will be Tues-Sat
You will bring
- The capability and experience to effectively supervise staff within a production/manufacturing environment
- The ability to lead by example in a hands on/practical context
- Team building and team bonding capabilities
- Drive, energy and an ability to see the bigger picture
- The desire to learn and develop
- A sense of humour!
This is a genuine opportunity to make your mark, extend your leadership skills and to join an organisation that offers potential for progression, and is focussed on continuous improvement in all aspects of their operation.
If this is the right role for you, and you know you possess the capability to 'hit the ground running' we would welcome your application. For a confidential discussion please call Lisa Edwards on 021 949174.
Applications for this role close 1 October 2020