A diverse and transformational role that would suit a quality management professional from the meat or dairy industry.
Mainland Poultry is New Zealand's leading producer of egg and egg products. Head office is based in Dunedin, and the business has developed from its first farm in East Otago in 1988 to a vertically integrated operation employing over 500 people. The business has production and distribution operations throughout the country.
The Quality Systems Co-ordinator role will work closely with the Quality Manager to transform the Quality Management Systems (QMS) within Mainland Poultry; and will be a key contributor to the company's goal of reaching ISO22000 standards by the end of 2021. To achieve this, you will work within the organisation to gain a practical understanding of the operation and its processes. With this knowledge you will upgrade and develop RMP's and SOP's that are user friendly, meet required standards, and can be standardised across operations on a nationwide basis.
Other core responsibilities include
- Upgrading and writing RMP's and SOP's that are user friendly, visually engaging and are aligned with the company's QMS framework
- Delivering staff training from a quality standpoint
- Monitoring and evaluating ongoing compliance
- Providing technical expertise and advice across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will possess
- A relevant qualification and professional experience within the meat and/or dairy sectors would be highly regarded
- A working knowledge of QMS frameworks
- An understanding of GMP, HACCP, MPI protocols, and contemporary legislation.
- A practical orientation and a drive to understand the operation from the ground up
- Strong critical thinking skills and a strong detail orientation
- The organisational skills to achieve results within time frames
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- The verbal and written communication skills that are engaging at all levels.
This is a role where your contribution can make a significant difference and would be well suited to someone who possesses the technical skills and confidence to influence change.
To apply online, click on "Apply" below to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Lisa Edwards at AWF on 021 949 174.