We have numerous exciting opportunities available with reputable painting companies across the Waikato region.
The roles available are:
Responsible for basic painting at the direction and supervision of a foreman, such as painting walls. Duties also include surface preparation, operating water blasters and cleaning buildings. Finishing work is not applicable for this role.
Experience is required due to the nature and scope of the job
You must feel comfortable working both in and outdoors as well as at heights when required.
Attractive rates of pay are on offer alongside training opportunities such as "Working at Heights", "MEWP - Mobile Elevated Work Platforms" and Harness Training.
You should have 1-2 years' experience with painting and are capable of finishing work, including a sound knowledge of paint application processes and best practices.
The opportunity may exist for an apprenticeship to be undertaken.
We require several driven, self-motivated, and capable Experienced Painters who can take direction, work alongside a foreman and hit the ground running. You may hold a trade certificate or have the equivalent of 3+ years of painting experience.
You must be able to identify substrates, have high quality finishing work, carry out surface preparation and confidently use a pressure washer.
Paying repectably around the $30p/h mark with a car and phone included in the package we are looking for someone with at least 5+ years experience that is able to effectivly lead a team, plan to budgets and meet expected deadlines while dedicating yourself to your team to upskill and train. An execptional knowledge of the industy is a must. You will must be able to convey with clients and have confidence to deliver their expectations.
For all roles available, you must:
- Feel comfortable operating an iPad for carrying out Health & Safety procedures
- Have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Reliable transport to and from work - Full class 1 licence advantageous
- Honest, motivated, and hardworking attitude
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
What's in it for you?
- Opportunities for ongoing work
- Fair pay rates and your wages paid weekly
- As our employee (not contractor) you will receive all standard employee entitlements including holiday pay, sick pay, ACC etc
- Immediate start
- Temp to Perm opportunities for the right candidate
Before you hit the ground running, we require you to:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Agree to a criminal record check
- Provide 2 references we can contact
- NZ Residency or be able to provide a Work Visa
Come and join the team at AWF - apply online or visit us at unit 3/27Norton Road, Frankton, Hamilton. Alternatively, you can call us on 07 848 1816/0800 88 88 60 for more information.