Orchard worker- Fencing
No experience is required as training is provided. If you want to work outdoors over summer this is the opportunity for you.
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 7.00am to 4.00pm.
The role: You will help set up wire structures that provide tree support for the next planting season. The is a hands-on role and will suit someone looking for consistent hours in an outdoor environment. In this role you will:
- Marking fence posts to specific heights using a measuring tool.
- Loop wires around the end of fence posts.
- Setting up and guiding wires along from post to post.
- Staple steel anchors into fence posts for wires to travel through.
- Tensioning wire using a chain strainer.
- Work in a team to ensure the work is completed to standard.
- Work in pairs to lift coils weight 35kgs on to the back of trucks.
The supervisor will be with you every step of the way to ensure you feel confident and competent in the role.
Skills and attributes required:
- Reliable transport as you will travel to different orchard locations
- punctual and committed
- Can pass a drug screen
- Clean criminal record
Why work with AWF?
- Weekly pay
- No experience required
- Training provided
- Immediate start
- PPE gear provided
If you are looking to earn money now, click apply with your CV attached or give the Hawkes Bay team a call on 068700310 to find out more.