Our client is a market leader in metal recycling located in Wairau. We are looking for a Metal Yard Person/Driver on a full time ongoing basis. The hours for this role will be Monday to Saturday, 7:30am-5pm Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm on Saturdays.
This would be a suitable role if you live on the North Shore or in West Auckland as the location is just off Tristram Road offramp.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading trucks and or trailers using a fork hoist
- Sorting metal and or plastic components
- General cleaning up of the yard
- Manually lifting of residential scrap metal (up to but not exceeding 25kg)
- Driving Class 1 vehicle between North Shore and Onehunga sites as needed
- Using both hand and power tools to assist in dis-assembly
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay rates
- Weekly wages + Kiwisaver, Annual Leave, Sick leave
- Full time on-going work Monday-Saturday
- Variety within your role
- PPE gear provided free of charge, replenished as required
Skills & experience required:
- Mechanical aptitude or an engineering background
- The ability to follow instructions and to work in a great team environment
- You must have reliable transport to and from work
- You must hold a full clean class one drivers licence
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and ministry of justice check.
- Valid OSH Fork Lift licence, F endorsement preferred
If the above sounds like you then apply now or if you have any questions, give us a call on 09 526 2635.
Free phone: 0800 888 860 (Option 1 for Auckland, Option 1 for Technical and Engineering)
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.