Are you keen to work on something BIGGER in the NEW YEAR? Want to use your experience to unlock a raft of benefits? Do you have a NZQA level 4 or 5 and tired of working on small vehicles?
Benefits and perks:
- Industry training + development in to a level 5 qualification
- Earn your base rate plus up to double time with overtime allowances
- Free parking
- Central Wellington location
- Company holiday homes
- Reputable brand who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees
- Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected
Are you a level 4 or 5 Mechanic/Maintenance Technician/ Engineer after a permanent opportunity that offers development, training and a chance to learn a rare skill set? If you enjoy hydraulics, pneumatics and engines then look no further!
In this role you will be carrying out various scheduled preventative maintenance checks, report failures, follow preset task instructions and use your fault finding skills to perform and repair corrective maintenance on Wellington's trains.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Level 4 or 5 trade qualification (or NZQA recognised qualifications for overseas applicants) within a mechanical discipline ** Unfortunately candidates on lower or higher level qualifications will not be able to qualify for this role **
- Ability to analyse and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic controls and electrical circuit diagrams
- Diagnostic and fault finding capabilities preferred
- Minimum of 6 months prior experience in a mechanical maintenance environment
- Adherence to health and safety compliance and regulations in a safety critical environment
- Proven experience of relevant engineering specifications, standards and practices
- Committed to playing an active role as part of a Zero Harm culture
- Solid understanding of how to be part of an efficient and "well oiled" team, all working toward a common goal.
If you are interested in having a no obligation conversation about this amazing opportunity, please call Brittany Green on 04 473 9915 or apply now and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.