Rheem, in collaboration with AWF, are looking for a permanent Engineering Site Supervisor based at their Avondale production plant. This role would consist of the following: managing direct report of 3 Maintenance Fitters, organising preventative maintenance schedules, resource management to assist with reactive/breakdown maintenance, identifying and introducing system, cost reduction and efficiency improvements, reducing plant downtime and assisting with projects as and when required. You will be an integral cog to keep the plant run to its full potential.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally trade qualified fitter turner with 5-7 years' experience within a production environment
- Confident in resource and time management, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide alternative and practical solutions towards maintenance
- An enthusiastic people leader with a strong Health & Safety focus
- Computer literate - Microsoft Outlook and Excel use will be required daily for reporting purposes
- Available to work Saturday as and when required
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration by way of an hourly rate plus tool allowance
- Additional 5 days special leave entitlement
- Life and income protection insurance premiums covered
- Great career exposure to a legacy brand, right here in your backyard!
- Opportunity to work with a charismatic engineering manager who leads by example
- Convenient Avondale location with free parking available on-site
If this sounds like the next step you'd like to take in your career please hit apply now as this vacancy wont last long!
Applicants must legally be entitled to work in New Zealand, will be required to complete a pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical check and have a clean criminal history.
Please call (09) 526 2635 and ask for Ankit should you have any further questions.
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.