We are looking for experienced Hammer Hands and General Labourers for several clients in the Marlborough area.
If you have at least 2 years building experience, are confident with hand tools and want to get stuck in, this could be a great opportunity, for the hammer hand position. Or do you have good knowledge of the construction sector and can turn your hand to anything and up skill your knowledge base?
You will need to have an eye for detail, ability to follow instructions, work unsupervised or in a team environment, have the ability to work to deadlines with exceptional time management a good understanding and respect for Health and Safety.
You will have previous work history or currently working in the construction industry. You will be competent using power tools & hand tools relevant to the trade.
Pay rates for this position will be based upon proven capabilities and experiences.
To be considered you will need:
- Reliable transport to get to the client's yards
- Great work ethic
- Your own tools will be a bonus but not essential.
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved when sites are to be set up and dismantled.
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site.
- Able to work long hours as this can be anywhere from 8-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts.
- Reliability is a must - as this is an important part of the site set up, they can't run if you are not there
- Be confident with communication with the public and crew.
- Current C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience.
- Full NZ driver's licence is a must
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required.
- Don't delay in applying now as we are looking to have the positions filled as soon as possible.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860.