Gaiin valuable real-life experience & insights through AWF as a general labourer as we have broad range of various temp and ongoing positions available.
Please Note: - Only applicants with a NZ citizenship/residency or an open work visa will be considered for this role.
About the role:
- General labouring, working in hot environment, assisting glass production work, manual handling of hot bottle moulds, stacking onto the trolley and transporting around factory, assisting on job change.
- Trolleys must be pushed forward, never pulled towards you.
- Never touch any equipment without heat resistant gloves, assume everything you are handling is hot metal.
- Never touch any machinery or go near rotating parts, all specialised work will be conducted by experienced and trained staff only.
- If youre are asked to work on production line, you must communicate with AWF before changing your duties.
- Always watch your step when walking around factory, hold on to handrails when going up/down the stairs.
- Working hours - Monday to Friday (7:00 am to 3:30pm)
Skills and Experience Required:
- Class 1 full/ restricted driver's license is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities - able to keep cool and calm under pressure
- Reliable and honest, with your colleagues and yourself
- Heavy lifting is required so you must be able to lift between 20-30 kgs.
- Opportunities to advance your career and expand your skillset
- Competitive weekly pay with Annual Leave, Sick Leave and ACC entitlements
- Pay rate of $25.00 p/h + KiwiSaver + ACC Cover + full PPE provided!