AWF are looking for Fitters/Welders who have a minimum of three (3) years experience for positions across Auckland. You should have a good command of English, both written and verbal.
Whats in it for you:
- Competitive wages paid weekly + Kiwisaver, Annual Leave, ACC Cover
- PPE gear provided, replenished when required
- Working with a dedicated team that ensure your Health and Safety are our number one priority
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Study drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- Fit fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and sub assemblies to produce machines and equipment
- Check fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- Set guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- Form metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- Cut, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Prepare pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
- Diagnose faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- Erect machines and equipment on-site
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a fitter/welder
- NZ Citizenship/Residence Visa
For health and safety reasons we will require the right applicant to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
If this sounds like just the role you've been looking for, we would love for you to apply online with your CV!
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.