AWF, on behalf of our client, are seeking a Chinese Chef to work in a full time capacity within multiple busy locations throughout town.
Our client has 5 separate food businesses which you may be working within including a catering company and take away outlets. These businesses are busy and this role is not for the faint of heart, but you'll also find the rewards to be endless and the work to be satisfying as the food variety is simply great.
Our clients businesses are well established within Invercargill and they pride themselves on delivering the best possible food and service for the best price. They require someone with a passion for Chinese food to join their team and assist them in continuing to drive their business.
About the job;
The job will require you to undertake the following;
- Prepare, cook authentic Chinese cuisine dishes, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed
- Preserve and store foodstuffs in the appropriate temperature-controlled facilities
- Clean and organise kitchen and equipment in adherence to hygiene and safety regulations
- Manage the kitchen while the manager is away.
You will also be required to undertake some customer service tasks sporadically so a great demeanour and attitude is required.
You will be a highly skilled NZQA Level 4 Certified Chinese chef with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role. You will have good levels of hygiene and have high expectations of the food you prepare, as with most restaurants and catering companies you will be able to work full time, including a day in the weekend.
In addition to the above you will require the above to be successful in your application for this role:
- Be currently residing within New Zealand and have New Zealand residency
- Hold a NZQA level 4 Certificate in Cookery or similar certificate at the same level
- Have at least 5 years experience in preparing traditional Chinese cuisine
- Be able to pass pre-employment checks including; drugs and alcohol, criminal history and ACC
- Have a current CV with contactable references
If this sounds like you and you have the above skills then give Dylan at AWF Invercargill a call today on 03 214 0388 (0800 88 88 60) or click "apply" below because we want to hear from you.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday June 10th 2020 at 4p.m. no late applications will be considered.
This role is open to New Zealand Residents who're currently living in New Zealand or New Zealand Citizens. No international applicants will be considered due to the current boarder situation.