A well established multi-national company is seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic, based in East Tamaki, Auckland, to service a diverse fleet.
This role is full-time ongoing Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm, weekends are for family right?
This opportunity would be great for someone looking to take on a new opportunity or looking to gain experience in a well established company.
We need someone who can work not only within a team as well as autonomously. Knowledge of auto electrics would be advantageous but not essential. You will need to be trade qualified to be considered for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Servicing of diesel engines - both manual and automatic gearboxes
- Pre-checks and road worthiness checking
- Maintenance of service machinery as and when required
- Servicing of Tractors, Farm Machinery, Forklifts, Diesel Engines and Road Diesel Engines
- Be able to use hand and power tools
What's in it for you?
- Monday to Friday 7.00am until 4.00pm, but some flexibility will be required at times
- Competitive wages paid weekly!
- 8% holiday, kiwi saver contribution and other entitlements
To be successful in this role you will have:
- You MUST be a trade qualified mechanic
- Previous experience servicing diesel engines and heavy machinery
- Can think on their feet and confident in decision making
- Someone who can work within a team and at times on their own.
- Knowledge of auto electrics would be an advantage but not essential
- Confident in carrying out mechanical vehicle checks
- Class 4 licence will be required as you will be required to drive the fleet
- Can problem find and diagnose issues
- Excellent communicator
If the above sounds like you, then please hit apply now. Alternatively you can call Monique or Bryar on 0800 888 860 (Option 1 for Auckland, Option 1 for Engineering & Technical) or email your CV to Monique.Flatman@awf.co.nz with the subject - Diesel Mechanic East Tamaki.
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.