We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Diesel Fitters on infrastructure and construction projects across Auckland. The duration and hours of each project will differ as well as location. As we work through the process of moving through the Covid-19 Alert Levels, we are restricted with the types of roles we can actively recruit. If you would like to be considered for this role when we are able to recruit it, please do register your interest and we will be in touch when we are able. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preventative maintenance
- Commissioning new parts
- Maintaining hydraulics based components
- MIG/TIG welding
What's in it for you?
- As our employee (not a contractor) you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to, and we'll pay your tax
- Plus, if you want to grow your skills and boost your pay even further, we can offer a range of training programs to help you do it
- Temporary to permanent opportunities will be available for the right applicant
Skills and Experience Required:
- You must be trade qualified or have 3+ years relevant experience
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a wider team
- Sound understanding of the relevant health and safety procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge on fault finding and diagnostic testing
- Confident in decision making
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen
Sucessful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen and ministry of justice check. You should have reliable transport and a relevant drivers licence to get you to and from work.
If this sounds like you, apply online via theportal or email your CV to Monique on Monique.Flatman@awf.co.nz
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.