You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service, excellent accommodation presentation, food and beverage service and maintaining the cleanliness of the premises. This will include preparing, cooking, and serving breakfast and dinner for large groups and servicing rooms daily. Experience in commercial cooking for larger groups is required. There is also some admin work that will require computer work with a booking system and online ordering system so reasonable computer skills are required If you hold a duty managers certificate, that would be great as well.
This role provides a great work life balance with working on a roster of 4 days (3 nights) living onsite, and 3 days off leaving from Manapouri. On your days off you will need to have alternative accommodation as you cannot stay on site when not working. Having extended days off means you can explore the surrounding area without spending a fortune as there is some amazing staff benefits on some iconic tourist experiences.
This role is an ongoing temp position with potential for the role to become permanent for the right person. You need to be committed to 3 months minimum work.
What is in it for you:
- Competitive pay rate
- Ongoing support from our consultants
- Great work life balance
- Weekly wages
- Accommodation and food supplied whilst working
- Amazing staff benefits on some experiences.
To be successful you must have/be:
- Organised with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- Prior food prep and food safety experience
- Experience in commercial cooking for larger groups.
- Reasonable level of computer experience.
- Have reliable transport to and from work.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Free from serious criminal history
Applicants for this position must hold NZ citizenship/residency or the legal right to work in New Zealand. You need to be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months working.
If this sounds like you apply now!! Here's how you can apply for this role.
- Click apply below
- Call the AWF Invercargill Office on 03 214 0388 or 0800 88 88 60
- Email your CV to email@example.com
- Come into our AWF Invercargill office located at 19 Yarrow Street and talk to us face to face