AWF on behalf of our Invercargill based client are seeking reliable and hard working construction labourers to assist them in building storage tanks throughout NZ.This is a great role for a practical person to get into the construction industry and prove their worth to develop into a great career.
This role is great for someone looking to make a career in the industry and who's available to travel away from Invercargill regularly. All transport and accommodation is provided and for any local work you're paid from the time you arrive at the yard.
The work is physical and largely involves:
- Manoeuvring and fastening panels
- Form work
- Running sealant and general yard work
We're looking for someone practical with good sense and with a willingness to learn.
The work involves a lot of travel throughout New Zealand and at times you'll be away many weeks in a row, so flexibility around travel is needed. You will return regularly to Invercargill.
We have 2 roles for the right people.
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of construction especially the ability to accurate use a measuring tape. You will need to be a hard worker, be reliable and able to follow directions. This is outdoor work so if you're afraid of experiencing the weather this is probably not a role for you.
Some experience working with concrete would be an advantage however is not essential.
You'll also need the following:
- The right to work in New Zealand, and relevant documentation to prove it
- The ability to pass pre-employment checks including criminal history/drugs and alcohol/ACC history
- Be physically fit and able to lift upto 25kg's
- Have a minimum restricted licence and reliable transport to get you to the Invercargill yard
- A current CV and contactable references
If you fit the above then apply below because we'd love to talk to you, or if you'd prefer, you can also apply in person at our Invercargill office located 19 Yarrow Street or ring our Invercargill office on 03 214 0388.