AWF have full time opportunities for class 5 truck drivers who're keen to get stuck into their work and who aren't afraid to get involved in the work physically as well from time to time.
We have opportunities in civil construction which are available for immediate start.
About the work:
This work involves a number of different driving duties including:
- The transport of machinery and materials to and from job sites
- Driving plant and machinery such as watercarts and tar spreaders
- Assist the rest of the site team with general duties as required to ensure the work is achieved on time and to a high standard
There is some away work and you should be back home most weekends but while you're away you'll receive a $60 per night allowance.
This work is really rewarding and offers you the chance to use the roads that you've had a hand in building and repairing. This is outdoor work and at times you will see all sorts of weather so there is a need for safe drivers who are capable and considerate with machines, we're happy to consider recently graduated class 4 drivers so long as you have truck driving experience.
This work is temporary in nature however there is potential for permanent roles to eventuate for the right person.
About our client:
Our client is one of New Zealands largest employers they operate nationwide and are dedicated to being the best in the civil sector through developing the best people and working as a team to achieve results.
Our client holds safety in the highest regard, they are committed to ensuring their people and members of the public arrive home safe and well, they require people who are equally as committed to safety of themselves and others.
As a skilled truck driver you already know a lot of what's required of you but the trucks you'll be driving will have road ranger gear boxes so we need people who can operate them.
You will need to have some physical capabilities so you can assist the team with other tasks on site.
You will be able to work well as part of a team and also be reliable enough to work individually, as you'll at time be travelling alone. Experience moving machinery would be an advantage however is not essential.
In addition to the above you'll have the following:
- A full Class 5 New Zealand drivers licence (WTR endorsements preferred but not essential)
- The right to work in New Zealand and relevant documentation to prove it
- A current CV with contactable references
- The ability to pass pre-employment checks including; criminal history, drugs, alcohol and ACC history
If you fit the above then click apply now because AWF have the work for you!
You can also apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com or calling us on 03 214 0388 (free phone 0800 88 88 60) or pop into our Invercargill office at 19 Yarrow Street and apply in person.