We are seeking staff for various sites in Marlborough for 2020. This position requires experienced carpenters in commercial or residential building or civil construction work.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive rates depending on level experience
- Opportunity to work with one of Marlborough and Canterbury's leading civil companies
- We'll look after the paperwork so you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to
- We supply your basic PPE Kit Hi vis, gloves, glasses, wet weather gear and safety boots if required
What you need:
As a carpenter, you will be required to showcase your skill in the sector that you are experienced in.
You will be required to follow plans while working alongside the project Manager. Using hand and power tools to complete the tasks as required.
- Reliable transport to get to the pick up point
- Great work ethic and sense of pride in your work
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site
- Able to work 10 hour shifts
- Reliability is a must - this is not a casual position commitment is required to cover the days required to work
- Be confident with communication with the public and fellow staff
- Full NZ driver's licence is preferable
You will also:
- Provide your C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa
Work Visa applicants welcome if you are staying in Blenheim for a min of 6 months and have the necessary skills for the position
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF.
If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860.