We are seeking staff for the Tunnel 21 project south of Ward for 2020. This position requires experienced carpenters in commercial bridge building or civil construction work.
What's in it for you:
- Travel provided to and from site each day
- Competitive rates depending on level experience
- Opportunity to work with one of Canterbury's leading civil companies
- We'll look after the paperwork so you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to
- We supply your basic PPE Kit Hi vis, gloves, glasses, wet weather gear and safety boots if required
What you need:
As a commercial carpenter, you will be required to construct frameworks, forms and structures used to create framework for the concrete construction sections of the train tunnel.
You will be required to follow engineering plans while working alongside the engineers on site. Using hand and power tools to complete the tasks as required.
- Reliable transport to get to the pick up point
- Great work ethic and sense of pride in your work
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site
- Able to work 13 hour shifts
- Reliability is a must - this is not a casual position commitment is required to cover the days required to work
- Be confident with communication with the public and fellow staff
- Full NZ driver's licence is preferable
You will also:
- Provide your C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa
Work Visa applicants welcome if you are staying in Blenheim for a min of 6 months and have the necessary skills for the position
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF.
If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860. Interviews will be held the week of the 13th Jan 2020 at the AWF office in Blenheim.