Carpenters are in high demand and we have spaces to fill - Auckland wide!
Can you fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications?
Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
* Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
* Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
* Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fibreglass) according to measurements
* Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
* Lay out floorings, roofing or drywalls ensuring they are levelled and compatible
* Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
* Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
* Build scaffolding and other construction structures
* Proven experience as carpenter
* Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
* Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
* Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
* Ability to read technical documents and drawings
* Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
* Good knowledge of English
* Good understanding of basic math
* Good physical condition and endurance
* High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
Intertested? Please send your cv as below or call AWF on 0800 922955