We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our client's Palmerston North-based asphalt plant team. Previous knowledge around asphalt or related industries is an advantage, but if you're new to this industry and show great potential then training will be provided. The role involves the operation of the asphalt plant and loader, producing quality product. The ideal candidate will enjoy figuring out how things work and will have a genuine interest in production or manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience or a strong interest in machinery and plant operation and troubleshooting. Experience or knowledge of road construction, concreting, surfacing or asphalt will be a bonus. You will be able to handle pressure and will be a friendly and helpful team member.
To be successful you will:
- Have great communication skills face-to-face and over phone/radio-telephone
- Be dedicated to safety in the workplace
- Have a full Class 2 licence with W endorsement
- Be a fast learner but have the patience to do things properly
- Have the flexibility to work varying shifts
- Possess basic computer skills, be able to follow written instructions and have basic mathematical knowledge
This permanent role requires you to work day shifts as well as occasional weekend work and sometimes on-call work for 24-hour periods, so you must have the flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes in schedule. In return you will be part of a successful and supportive team in a company that offers plenty of opportunities for growth.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW with an up-to-date CV and two contactable work references, call on 06 355 8080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AWF. Keeping NZ Working.