AWF are looking for experienced general welders to join a reputable local New Plymouth company.
The ideal candidates will be people who can show determination and motivation to succeed who also has a high standard in quality work with proven experience.
You will be responsible for MIG & TIG welding, coordinating workflow with other team members, ensuring maintenance of the tools, and following all Health & Safety requirements.
Competitive weekly wages are available, Time and a half is guaranteed after 8 hours (from Monday to Friday) and straight time and a half is on offer for weekend work (Saturday and Sunday). Night shift rates to be discussed if applicable.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience - supporting documentation is advantageous
- Be physically fit - average weight lifting roughly 20-25kg
- Reliable transport to and from work - Full class 1 licence advantageous
- Honest and hardworking attitude, with strong reliability
- Strong Health and Safety awareness and attention to detail
Before you start you will need to:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen at AWF (and be subject to random drug screening on-site)
- Agree to a criminal record check
- Provide 1 referee we can contact (or supply a recent written reference)
- NZ Residency or be able to provide a Work Visa
Come and join the team at AWF and apply online NOW! Alternatively, you can call us on 06 759 8073 for more information.
* Please note: Overseas applicants will not be considered for this role *