Our client is a nationwide producer and processor of food products and have warehousing and distribution depots throughout New Zealand. As a market leader in their field, they are well established, and their systems and distribution networks are highly efficient. This distribution centre is based in Waikouaiti (40kms north of Dunedin), and products are dispatched across NZ as well as internationally.
The Warehouse Manager is a pivotal role within Operations and focuses on lensuring the smooth and efficient running of a 7-day operation, and the timely distribution of product through a combination of company Drivers and third-party providers.
The role offers variety, challenge, a purpose-built facility, and a competitive salary. On a day-to-day basis your core accountabilities will be
- Managing logistical relationships to ensure service and delivery exceeds expectation
- Leading a team of 18 with the support of a Team Leader
- Managing the performance of the Depot team
- Managing the departmental budget
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are followed by the team.
Key qualities you will bring to this role include
- Previous experience leading a warehouse operation
- Proven ability to manage, co-ordinate, and motivate staff
- The flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing demands
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- A client centric focus
If you are ready for the next step, and know you will thrive in this fast paced FMCG organisation we would like to hear from you. To find out more please call Lisa Edwards on 021 949 174.