Are you looking for an entry-level, diverse, hands-on labouring role?
Are you fit, able-bodied, reliable and work well with others?
Can you work outside in all weather conditions?
If you said yes to all of the above, then we have a role for you!
Take up the infamous Stop/Go (lollipop) paddle and become a TC/TTM worker providing direction to roads users and maintain a safe working environment throughout various roadwork locations in the area of Dunedin.
To be successful in this role you must be resilient to work in all weather conditions, communicate well with others and able-bodied with the ability to perform a range of physical tasks.
When performing tasks, you will be working within a tight-knit team and under the direction and supervision of the worksite supervisor.
You will be trained how to operate radio communication equipment, how to manage various scenarios involving road users, whilst adhering to workplace health & safety guidelines and regulations.
We're offering a lot of variety of work, full on-the-job training, and the opportunity to become a certified TC/TTM worker (complete a 1-day course) next course will be held on the 26 Feb 2024.
If you are TC/TTM certified, we can help you progress to the next level of certification (Traffic Management Operative (TMO) & Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS).
To apply for this role, you must be a valid New Zealand (NZ) Resident and currently reside in NZ.
Your duties will include:
- Work and communicate within team members to manage the flow of road user traffic
- Talking to the public, explaining the roadworks being carried out
- Directing vehicle traffic and pedestrians around work sites
- Perform labouring tasks including setting up road signage, road cones and vehicle barriers
- Contribute to daily work in progress (WIP) meetings and maintain a safe and compliant workplace for team members and road users
- Operate with professionalism and integrity
What's in it for you:
- Immediate start, Monday to Friday work schedule with an opportunity for ongoing employment
- A foot in the door with civil construction
- Opportunity to network and meet other people, work in a supportive environment
- Become a certified Traffic Controller (TC) / Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) Worker
- TC/TTM course(s) on the 26 Feb 2024.
- Learning and career development opportunities
What we're looking for:
- New or experienced TC/TTM worker(s) wanted
- Invested in development and seeking higher certification (TMO & STMS)
- Motivated, reliable and strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and adhere to health and safety guidelines
- Flexibility with rostered shift start times & working at various locations across Dunedin
- Clean Restricted or Full Class 1 Drivers Licence and personal transport
If you like sound of this opportunity and you fit the above criteria, then apply today!
Call Kylie or Brendan at Select Recruitment, Dunedin on (03) 477 0873, or by clicking the "APPLY" button, and completing the entry fields.
Please Note: in order to be successful, you must be a valid New Zealand (NZ) Resident and currently reside in NZ. As per our standard recruitment process, all applicants will undergo a Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening test, Employment Reference Checks along with a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check to determine suitability for employment