We are currently offering a fantastic career opportunity as a Watermains Service Technicians for a professional, well-known organisation in Wellington to repair water main failures, service water hydrants and valves and install new water connections in and around Wellington.
*** Our client is also happy to invest in training and developing people new to the industry that bring a minimum of a Class 2 license ***
Our client, a large organisation covering the entire region, is looking for someone that is able to start reasonably soon, and is after someone that is interested to start on a temporary contract. However this is certainly an opportunity for a permanent position for those with the right work ethic!
What will you be doing?
- Repair water main failures
- Service hydrants and valves
- Install new water connections on all sizes of mains
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with trade practice
- Flush and charge water mains
- Ensure disinfection of water mains after repairs, and in new mains
- Cleanout inside of reservoirs
- Be part of a 24 hour standby roster and carry out callout duties as required
- Ensure at least 90% of emergency repairs are responded to within 30 minutes
- Undertake civil defence and emergency management tasks as directed including participation in pre-event training and rostered duties during an emergency event
You will need the following:
- Relevant trade (plumbing/drain laying) or water reticulation qualification (desirable), or relevant experience in a similar role
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Reliable and hardworking
- Full and clean drivers licence, preferably HT
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Good communication skills
- Experience with machinery desirable eg. excavator, compactor etc
- Commitment to working at a high level of health and safety
- Available for afterhours work on a rostered basis
- Ability to liaise with the public in a courteous manner
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Confident working in confined spaces
- Physically fit and able to carry out the demands of the role
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies
What you'll get in return
- Work with a stable employer who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees
- Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected
- There is room to follow additional courses to develop your skillset
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please contact Daan Heeneman at AWF on 04 473 99 15 or click 'Apply Now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.