Perm role - well established and successful company
New purpose built facilities
AWF is pleased to be partnering our client in their search for a senior/sole charge storeperson for their well-established and successful business. They are a manufacturer/distributor of plastics products used within the NZ infrastructural industry. They are ISO 9001 rated and have well developed systems and processes. They are a team of 7, offer long term stability, a good salary, and newly built premises. They have a reputation for excellence in their products and services, and this ensures their demand for products continues to grow across NZ.
The list of why you would want to work for this company is a long one!
This is a pivotal role within their operation, you will be the onsite stores specialist and become the 'hub' for all incoming and outgoing products. Your understanding of production flows, stock levels, and demand will ensure inventory levels are maintained and your clients are supplied on time. You will be sole charge in your position, though well supported by your team when needed. You will be based in the store, and as a small team you will answer phones and assist walk in clients as required. The role is Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.00pm - 45 hours per week.
It's a varied, 'hands on' role where your day will comprise of
- Customer service and phones
- Inwards goods and ordering supplies
- Dispatch of product, including handling and packaging; and co-ordination of transport
- Forklift operation
- Processing orders and documentation
- Data entry
- Stock control and management
- Contributing to production schedules to ensure priority manufacturing of products in low supply
- General housekeeping and maintenance
The perfect fit for this role will bring
- A can do attitude, great customer service skills and a drive to exceed customer expectations
- Have previous computerised stores/stock control experience at a level that means we know you will be an asset.
- Be physically fit and able to regularly lift heavy products from shelves and onto pallets
- Have an F and OSF endorsement
- Someone from a manufacturing/engineering environment would be at an advantage
- The ability to 'see' the operation to ensure production levels complement stock levels
- A willingness to assist your co-workers with fabrication or production tasks
- Be a team player whose work ethic, values and sense of humour matches those you work with.
They have a very limited staff turnover, so roles like this don't become vacant often!
This position is vacant now, so if you have what we need, apply online to NOW to Lisa Edwards. Applications close Friday 21 August 2020.