Senior Stock Person - Poultry (Rearing)
Location - Waikouaiti
Industry - Poultry
On call and weekend requirements
Our client is NZ's largest egg producer and as an industry leader they offer long term stable employment and career development opportunities.
The senior stock person role will work as part of a team of 2 responsible the smooth running of a poultry rearing facility. Your focus will be the health and wellbeing of the chicks aged from 1 day to 28 weeks. The role will be hands on in the shed and tasks will include checking the birds on a daily basis, bird handling including vaccinations, shed cleaning and maintenance, and ensuring the feed, watering and ventilation systems are working correctly.
The role requires you to work 10 days per fortnight, including one weekend, you will also provide a 24 hour on-call service every second week. This will require you to live within 10 minutes of the site.
The person we seek will have
- Previous poultry experience, rearing experience would be an advantage
- A background in animal handling and ensuring animal welfare
- A practical background and some mechanical aptitude
- An excellent understanding of relevant NZ regulations and bio-security protocols
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to fit within a small but dedicated team.
To express your interest please apply online NOW. This vacancy closes 13 November 2020