We are seeking a person who has the passion, flair and ability to co-ordinate our clients merchandising team within the wider Wellington area. As a leader in their field they produce, distribute and merchandise their FMCG products throughout New Zealand. They are a well established operation who boast great systems and processes, and supply to leading supermarkets throughout the region.
The role reports to and is well supported by the local Territory Sales Manager. This position is primarily responsible for the supervision of the merchandisers to ensure efficient day to day operations, co-ordinate work schedules, communication, and training, build relationships and liaise with clients including supermarkets. It will ensure that all policies and procedures are followed, operational efficiencies are attained, while maintaining a full service to customers. The role will also provide hands on cover for merchandisers, as required.
This is a supervisor position and is based on a 40 hour week, however as this is part of a 7 day per week operation, some work may be required at weekends and public holidays.
The perfect person for this role will have previous merchandising experience and/or a good understanding of the food industry. You may have previous co-ordinating/supervision experience or you may be ready for your next step. You will definitely have excellent communication skills, and your customer service skills will also be first rate. You will have an eye for detail, strong planning and organisational skills, good computer skills including excel, and be keen to implement improved processes and procedures.
You will also have
- Great people skills and the ability to recruit, train, and develop people
- A full drivers licence
- A sound level of computer literacy and administration skill
- A flair for merchandising and product display
- The ability to schedule and organise resources on a daily basis as well as planning for the longer term
- The ability to manage stock volumes and movements to ensure zero out of stocks and good stock rotation
- The ability to build relationships with all stake holders
- The flexibility to meet the needs of your customers and your role
If this is the perfect fit for you, and you know you will thrive on this new challenge, we want to hear from you!
To express your interest in this position,please apply online with your current CV. If you require additional information please call Lisa Edwards, Permanent Recruitment Consultant at AWF, 021949174