We have a client requirement for a Safety Advisor/Coach supporting their existing Health & Safety team in the execution of projects and various engineering activities.
The role includes activities such as monitoring and interacting with trade related staff involved in work such as scaffolding, Confined Space Entry into Tanks & Vessels, Hot works, excavations and plant maintenance such as mechanical and fitting activities.
Other duties will involve assisting supervisors conducting pre start meetings, Permit to Work and Job Risk Assessment preparation and implementation. Full training and support will be provided in the specific tasks.
The site has a very comprehensive Safety management System in place, and for applicants interested in or experienced in safety related roles, the experience of working in one of NZ's largest High Hazard facilities with exposure to very high standards of H&S in the workplace.
Assignment duration is expected to be 6 months +,. Located at Marsden Point, the normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm. At times this may be extended to support specific projects.
Applicants whom have had previous Safety Watch experience, and the following attributes are encouraged to apply.
The person we seek for this assignment will need the following attributes
- Be open minded, solution orientated & a creative thinker
- Have great communication skills, both verbal & written
- Friendly accommodating nature with a sense of humour
- Be fit as role will include entering confined spaces and accessing elevated places of work (full training will be provided)
- Be able to assimilate & communicate effectively with a trade workforce
- Have either experience of Safety Watch processes or formal H&S Training
Interested - apply now or contact us at the office on 09 459 7272.