The purpose of this position is to participate in the operation of various drill rigs and equipment for the downhole testing of mechanical and electro-mechanical tools, instruments and equipment. This will be achieved through appropriate application of traditional drilling techniques, innovative improvements to workflows and practical expertise. Particular focus of the role is the testing of dedicated tools, geo-technical equipment, running gear and housings applicable to minerals exploration.
- Management of drill rigs and drill sites
- Accurate recording of daily drill activities & data recording of test equipment
- Training of drill offsiders, product champions & clients
- Equipment Maintenance
- QHSE Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Major Responsibility break down - Drill Rig Management
- Drill site preparation and rig setup
- Operate drill rigs as per test plans & engineering team directions
- Supervise and train drill offsiders
- Liaise with Geological field staff
- Major Responsibility break down - Data Recording
- Maintain daily drill logs
- Record and submit tool test data and reports
- Major Responsibility break down - Personnel Training
- Train offsiders as required
- Train IMDEX product champions in the operation of new technology.
- Train clients in the operation of new technology.
- Major Responsibility break down - Equipment Maintenance
- Conduct rig servicing & minor repairs as required
- Liaise with mechanical contractors as required
- Maintain rig & site auxiliary mobile plant equipment as required.
- Maintain tools and downhole equipment.
- QHSE Responsibilities
- All employees are required to take reasonable care of themselves and others in the workplace and comply with the relevant legislative requirements and Imdex QHSE management system policies and procedures.
- If required you must wear, use and maintain the provided personal protective equipment and report any unsafe practices or conditions which come to your attention.
- Each employee will take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
KEY ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates behaviours aligned with The Imdex Way (refer to Appendix A).
- Minimum 3 years diamond drilling experience.
- New Zealand Class 1 (Car) driver's license or equivalent
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer skills - MS Excel
- New Zealand F, R, T, W license endorsements
- New Zealand Class 4 (Heavy Rigid) license or equivalent