Our client is fitting out a shop in Palmerston North and is looking for someone with experience working in interior construction or refurbishment projects to oversee the whole project, working with subcontractors to meet deadlines ensuring the shop will open on schedule. Towards the end of the project you may be required to finish some of the final details yourself, so you will need to have hands-on experience and ability. The project is anticipated to take 4-6 weeks and could be full-time or part-time depending on your requirements/capabilities.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Project supervision throughout the entire project period
- Subcontractor site management and liaison
- Ordering material where required; tiles, building materials, fittings
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting anything that doesn't meet our client's high standards
- Detailing where required
- Ensuring Health and safety is adhered to
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have a trade qualification and/or come from a trades background - shop fitout experience would be ideal
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Have site/project management experience
- Be Sitesafe qualified
- Adhere to high standards of health and safety
- Ideally be first aid qualified
- Have the flexibility to work extra hours as required
If this sounds like something you're able to do, then click Apply Now or give us a call on 063558080. You must be able to provide us with 2 work references, be free to come in for an induction and drug screen and start immediately. This is a great chance to get experience with a respected contractor in the increasingly busy interior fit-out sector.
AWF - Keeping NZ Working!
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available to work in Palmerston North.