There are no specific entry requirements to become a meat process worker, as skills are gained on the job.
To become a meat process worker you will need to pass:
- a basic medical test
- a drug test, and be clear from the influence of alcohol and drugs while at work
- be reliable
Meat process workers need to be:
- good at managing their time
- careful, quick and efficient
- able to follow instructions
- able to work well as part of a team
- willing to learn new skills
- comfortable spending long periods in close quarters with colleagues.
Meat/seafood process workers need to have:
- a good level of fitness as they spend long periods on their feet and may lift heavy boxes and trays
- good hand-eye co-ordination
- a good standard of personal hygiene, as they are dealing with food products.