· Family Owner and Operated Agriculture Machinery Specialists
· Oversight of Manufacturing, Repairs and Logistics functions
Our client is experiencing significant growth in their organisation and now requires an experienced Operations Manager to join their diverse agriculture machinery business to help maximise the future growth prospects.
The role will be based in Palmerston North and will attract candidates that want to be at the heart of operations on a day to day basis. From managing staffing resources to meet the needs of a broad customer base, priotising workloads for the workshop and overseeing the completion of operational documentation, you will be comfortable performing at your peak in a varied role.
The successful applicant will
· Manage the smooth operation of manufacturing and dispatch
· Be responsible for smooth operation of machine manufacturing workshops
· Ensure there is stock to sell of used machines dependent on the availability, and seasonal demand expected.
· Be responsible for the best use of staff in the operations team.
· Understand and be able to coordinate various components required for jobs to run smoothly - e.g. parts ordered, workshop space, outwork on time.
· Be prepared to have courageous conversations with customers (internal & external) as to realistic time frames for completion of items.
· Be responsible for safety first work culture
· Ensure agreed measures for profitability and other financial KPIs are met
· Establish and enhance customer relationships and brand experience together with other teams in the business
· Appoint maintenance on tooling, forklifts, tractors
· Ensure all labour, parts, materials etc are entered on job sheets.
Experience Required for the role:
· Customer experience management
· Customer focused workshop experience
· Manufacturing experience
· Procurement, purchasing and negotiating skills
· Must be comfortable with production and inventory reporting and forecasting
· Health, safety and compliance trained
· Strong communication and influencing skills
· Organizational and leadership skills
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
· Pleasant, Happy Attitude towards Staff and Customers.
· Preferably with Workshop experience, working up to Foreman or Service Manager.
· Able to plan and prioritise the day's work
If you have the above requirements and you are able to pass a drug screen, have a clean criminal history and you can supply two contactable work references, apply now!