Mussel Farm Support Crew
We are looking for Mussel Farm Support/Deckhands to join our team located in Havelock. Reporting directly to the Farming Support Manager and Skipper, you will be involved in tasks such as harvesting product, carrying out regular farm maintenance on and off the water, re-seeding and spat catching.
This role involves assisting and carrying out duties on-board company vessels while ensuring all good environmental practices and policies are followed. Assisting and carrying out duties on-shore to ensure lines are maintained to requirements, ensuring longevity and continual use.
Pay rates for this position are reflective on the work required and are above average.
To be considered you will need:
- Reliable transport to get to the client's yard.
- Great work ethic.
- A good attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved.
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site.
- Able to work long hours as shifts to 12-hour long.
- Reliability is a must - as this is an important for production deadlines that all work is achieved in the timeframe allocated.
- Be confident with communication with the public and crew.
- Current C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience.
- Full NZ driver's licence is a must.
- Pre employment drug and alcohol screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required.
- Undergo a full medical health check.
- Don't delay in applying now as we are looking to have the positions filled now.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
This is a great opportunity to secure stable employment with a company keen to invest in their employees. If you can prove yourself and show the company that you want to grow, you can build a great career.
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860.